To volunteer as a Species Identification Expert for the September 22, 2017 York University BioBlitz you should be comfortable in identifying a group (or groups) of species likely to be found on campus. Examples of “groups of species” could be plants, trees, dragonflies, all insects, etc.
- provide organizers with a list of equipment needed for identification
- you will be instructing participants on how to identify your chosen species group (those likely to be found on campus)
- you will lead participants in the field to find, identify, and record observations
- observations will be recorded on the iNaturalist app or on paper data sheets
- You can, if you wish, provide additional interesting information on your species group, biodiversity in general, or conservation issues!
- Have fun!!
If interested in this, or any other positions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org